These muffins are healthy and super moist! I adapted this recipe from the Bob’s Red Mill Mighty Muffins recipe, making these little beauties whole grain and lower in sugar (and free of cane sugar). Enjoy!
Whole Grain Breakfast Cakes
Makes 12 muffins
Free of: Gluten, Eggs, Soy, Nuts, Dairy, Cane Sugar
1 c. brown rice flour
1/2 c. whole sorghum flour (or more brown rice flour)
1/4 c. flax seed meal or chia seed meal
2/3 c. Mighty Tasty GF Hot Cereal (Bob’s Red Mill)
1/4 c. Stevia in the Raw powder
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
1/2 tsp. salt
3 Tbsp. honey
1/2 c. applesauce
1 1/2 c. non-dairy milk of choice
2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray muffin tin or use muffin papers. These muffins tick to papers; foil muffin liners come off super-easy.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix together wet ingredients. It helps to warm the milk a bit the honey can mix in well.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Divide batter evenly between the 12 muffin tins (filling almost completely full) and bake for 22-25 minutes, checking doneness with a toothpick.
- Cool completely before removing papers (if using). I recommend the foil liners because they come off the muffin easily.
Recipe adapted from Bob’s Red Mill Mighty Muffins recipe