Because of my baking blunders, today there are 2 posts with 2 different desserts from essentially the same foundation recipe. The earlier post was Chocolate Chip Blondies, and now this post features Honey-Crisp Sandwich Cookies.
In my quest today for soft chocolate chip cookies, I ended up with some completely different desserts that both happen to include chocolate (yay!). I was going to call these no-roll sugar cookies, but they don’t have cane sugar in them so that didn’t seem quite right. Honey-Crisp seems like a good name for these, though : )
Honey-Crisp Sandwich Cookies
Makes @ 20-24 cookies (10-12 sandwich cookies)
1-1/4 cup brown rice flour
2 Tablespoons ground chia seed
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup coconut oil or palm oil
1/2 cup honey (raw, unfiltered) *
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Fudgy Ganache (recipe is here)
- Preheat oven to 375˚ F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, chia seed, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, with a hand blender cream together the oil, honey, and vanilla.
- Add in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 2 additions, blending well between each addition until mixed.
- Drop cookie dough onto cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls. Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are golden in color. Let cookies cool very well before removing from sheet. Cool completely before making into sandwiches.
- Once the cookies have cooled completely, spread some Fudgy Ganache between the cookies and sandwich together. Enjoy!
You can make these cookies smaller if you like and use a smaller measure for scooping out the cookie dough.
If you cook these a little bit longer and a little bit darker, they have a toffee-like flavor to them (just don’t burn them!)
* I use raw, unfiltered honey which is a thicker than store-bought honey. Also, subbing in agave or pure maple syrup will change the outcome of this recipe because they are not as thick.