Here is a healthy recipe that captures fall flavors with apples! Chipotle Pork Chops with Apple Sauté Serves @ 4 1 lb. lean boneless sirloin pork chops, trimmed Powdered chipotle chili Salt Garlic or garlic powder 1/2 apple (tart and … Continue reading
Here is a delicious dinner with international flair; add veggies to make it a well-balanced meal. Sorry, no pictures for this post; I couldn’t get the food to look pretty, even though it tasted amazing : )
Chicken Satay (Peanut Free)
1/3 cup salsa
1 Tbsp. sunflower seed butter
1 Tbsp. sesame tahini
1/4 cup water, chicken broth, or coconut milk
1 Garlic clove, crushed, or garlic powder
Red pepper flakes
2 chicken breasts, trimmed
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Make the satay sauce. Combine the salsa, sunbutter, tahini, water, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a small blender and blend until smooth, adding water as needed to adjust the consistency.
- Line a baking sheet with foil (this makes clean-up easier!). Cut chicken into thin strips and thread loosely onto skewers, arranging them on the baking sheet. Drizzle satay sauce over the chicken. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes. Dip in the extra satay sauce if you like!
Coconut Lime Quinoa
1- 2/3 cup water
1/3 cup canned coconut milk
1-2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
Zest of 1 lime
1 Garlic clove, or garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp jalapeno pepper flakes (more or less for spice)
1 cup quinoa
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add dry quinoa to the pot, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Let the quinoa sit for a couple of minutes with the lid lifted before fluffing with a fork. Serve and enjoy!